Friday, February 8, 2008

Smokin' hungry!



Doesn't he look like he is smokin' crazy ? I have no idea what he is doing, probably being sassy because I wouldn't give him a biscuit before his dinner. I snapped this picture of him...He looks insane.

Speaking of smokin', I felt my husband's head this morning, he felt like he was on fire. Finally, mid morning, he broke down and admitted that he needed to go to the Doctor pronto, he felt beyond lousy. For him to admit that, I was thinking that we were going to medivac him right to the Mayo Clinic. We went to the local Urgent care and 62 minutes later we were in route home armed with some antibiotics to treat a sinus infection. Urgent care is the greatest, every one is so nice.

On the way home, in between asking me three times how fast I was driving, he asked me twice if it wouldn't be too much trouble if we stopped off at Culver's to have a little snack which consisted of Chicken tenders, large onion rings and a coke. ( I heard him say large.) This is not the request of a dying man, we are soon to be on the mend. End of that story I hope.

I felt bad because I told Otto that I wanted him to go with me to the clinic. He loves to go in the car with me, even if it is around the block but I got so nervous when my husband said he was ready to go that I shut the door and left Otto. When I got back, he was waiting at the door. I wondered if he was disappointed.

Nothing worse then disappointment.....Friends can disappoint and in that deciding moment of truth, you know in your heart that the friendship might well be over. Dog's can disappoint, several times a day and we gladly forgive them, defend them, love them even more the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Otto left behind.I hope he got a treat for being a good boy. I'm sure glad your hubbie is on the mend. It's so frightening when someone you love is sick for so many days. It's even worse when an animal is sick, don't you think? At least a husband can moan and tell you what's the matter.Otto appeare to have taken very good care of him. I believe that animals can tell when we're not well. You are right about friends. That's why dogs are the greatest. They don't disappoint too often & they love us unconditionally. That's why everyone should have a dog.