Sunday, April 6, 2008

Otto Quit Chasing the Deer!

I quit. The new sheriff is quiting and two weeks notice is served. For the past few days on most every walk, morning, noon, early evening and late night...there are so many deer outside our home, outside our doorstep- it is like a wildlife breeding area. We are growing deer here in Elkhart Lake! The snow is melting and deer are emerging from the drifts in large herds!

Otto has gone bonkers, he hates deer. From the moment we leave our house, his nose is high in the air, he walks on his tiptoes and his chest is puffed out. I have tried every trick I know to distract him and correct him- short of carrying the boiled skinless boneless free range organic smiling chicken breast that he enjoys every morning. Otto is very focused on causing bodily harm to the entire deer population. When he is in the house, he huffs at each window and races around the house, up the stairs, down the stairs, over and over again, the deer are visible from all windows.
It has been a record breaking snowy miserably cold endless winter and Otto has cabin fever. I don't, he does.

I think his dreams must be about busting thru the slobbery glass and running after his look-a-likes! If that ever happened, it would be the last time I ever saw him.....tomorrow I will bring the chicken with me.

No comments: