Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Otto is going Holistic!

Yesterday I received an email from a woman who believes in holistic solutions to allergies and other ailments. I went to the Internet to investigate her suggestion of "Traditional Tibetan Healing remedies for modern ailments." She suggested that Otto try "Tibetan Allergy Support" ($33.00/60 pills) which as she claims "will help the root causes of why the body is having reactions in the first place by helping to rebalance the immune and adrenal systems." She went on to suggest Tibetan Kidney support...another $33.00, some Beta Sitosterol...another $21.00 and lastly, Xanthium....for 20 bucks.

Ohmmm ....Otto might be going Holistic but my husband will be going Ballistic! I think I better just try one bottle of the Allergy stuff.

I appreciate her taking the time to help us come up with remedies. I mean, nothing has helped either of us. Both of our allergies are just terrible and meds from any Doctor or from any over the counter prescription really offer minimal temporary relief so at this point our downside is nil...

www.tibetanherbs.com/allergysupport.html

I got a kick out of some of the testimonals. They are a far cry from the Mayo Clinic!

It might be of note that I don't even pause to look at the organic section of our market..and those bins of open grains and granola where little dirty hands have helped themselves on an hourly basis, I would rather starve to death...

But...all that negative thinking... well it is soon to be in the past. The cheeseheads are going to Tibetan meds!

I will try not to be alarmed that both Otto and I are going to be taking the same pills... comprised of things that I can't pronounce nor have I ever heard of...

Punica granatum -
Angelica archangelica -
Elletaria cardamomum -
Piper longum -
Tribulus terrestris -
Crocus sativus -
Mirabilis himalaica -

Who knows, maybe, just maybe there is some truth in all this holistic organic stuff. I am going to purchase one bottle and give it a whirl.

No comments: