Friday, October 1, 2010

Otto my X security guard.....

Over the last month, I have had workman in the house and in keeping with the strict guidelines on how to raise an Anatolian, I have been careful to make sure that each person that enters the house has a proper introduction to Otto. Otto's reaction has been consistently disinterested after about 5 seconds of sniffing, 64 trance-like seconds if the workman has a dog himself. Most people up here in Wisconsin have dogs and are not afraid of a big huge dog like Otto.

Earlier in the week, Jerrold, who had come to our house once before decided to stop by for a visit. He knocked (so he said) and walked right in to the kitchen. I was in the shower, oblivious to all. Jerrold said he heard Otto bark while he was knocking and when he opened up the door, Otto was standing at the door wagging his curly tail. Jerrold then walked into the kitchen with Otto in happy happy mode.

I had left some cut up summer sausage on the counter and Jerrold helped himself to it and then explained to me that Otto appeared hungry so he gave him a chunk as well.

Am I to understand that Otto who has never ever taken food from anyone, who has been on a grain free, meat free, preservative free diet..who hasn't had a MILK BONE in over two years is having a chunk of spicy summer sausage in my kitchen with a guy he met one time....just two old pals, chowing down some snacks together....while I am in the shower.

Otto, your fired! Good help is hard to find.

No comments: