Saturday, January 26, 2008

A good nose...




Last week a tax assessor came by to look at our house. She appeared friendly and Otto happily allowed her in. He loves most women. As she went from room to room, Otto followed her closely sniffing her middle section. He wouldn't stop. I pulled him off of her and asked her if she had a dog. She said "No" and I got the immediate sinking feeling that she didn't appreciate Otto sniffing her with such interest and that my taxes were going up with every second he was around her. I took Otto into another room and told him to stay. Two seconds later, Otto, aka "Naughty" trotted over to the assessor again, sniffing her midsection with intent. I could tell it became uncomfortable for her, so I led Otto into another room and closed the door.


I bet that there is something wrong with that woman's health. Otto can smell and pinpoint abnormalities. I have seen him do it twice before, once with a dog and once with a prospective housekeeper.


She is the one that needs some assessing.....how could I ever tell her that? No one would ever believe it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For Otto: Hey, Big Boy, you can come to my house and sniff my midsection anytime! --Sophie